Case Manager | Days | Pool
Department: Registered Nurse
Type: Full Time
Location: Vail, CO
Case Manager at Vail Health
Video Clip: Vail Health people speak about Vail Health as their second home
About the Position: Case Manager - Pool
- Maximizes reimbursement for both patient and hospital through cooperation with third-party payers and physicians.
- Follows up on denials based on resource utilization issues.
- Provides a smooth transition for the patient from hospital to home or alternative care setting through coordination of services to meet the post-discharge needs identified while maintaining a balance among quality outcome, cost, and process.
- Identifies those patients with significant psychosocial needs and makes referrals to Social Services.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement by monitoring team processes as well as through communication with other teams impacted by or impacting the processes of this team.
Must be proficient in case management with at least 2 years experience. Requirements are 1 weekend per month.
Uniqueness of Opportunity
Vail Health offers rewarding healthcare careers near North America’s finest mountain communities.
We are seeking compassionate professionals for our:
- 52-bed Hospital
- Urgent Care clinics
- Vail Health clinics,
- Emergency Department
- Surgery Centers
- Howard Head Sports Medicine
- Shaw Cancer Center
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement plan - 403(b)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Child care reimbursement
- Tuition assistance program
- Health club subsidy
- Payroll deduct for ski pass
- Day Shift
- Must have Interqual experience.
- One year IP case management for an RN, 2 years IP case management for an LPN.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a State of Colorado RN or LPN License.
About Vail Health
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world.
Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors,
- Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital
- Accredited by the Joint Commission
- The 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports.
Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points including:
- Beaver Creek Medical Center
- Urgent care clinics in Avon and Gypsum
- Edwards Medical Campus
- Eagle Healthcare Center
- Multispecialty clinic in Frisco
- Howard Head Sports Medicine offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics.
- Vail Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the region’s only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive breast center.
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.