Pre-Op/PACU Staff Nurse | Evenings and Nights
Department: Registered Nurse
Type: Full Time
Location: Vail, CO
PreOp/PACU Staff Nurse - Evenings and Night Shifts
Quarterly Bonus + Ski-Pass
Video Clip: Vail Valley Surgery Center nurses speak about the OR opportunity at VVSC
About the Position: PreOp/PACU Staff Nurse
The Pre-Surgical Planning at Vail Health
- Vail Health Surgical Services is here to guide the patient and family throughout their surgical experience.
- Through the pre-surgical planning (PSP), pre-operative, and post-anesthesia care process, an emphasis is placed on educating patients and their families/caregivers on their particular surgical procedures and providing support during this stressful time.
- The immediate time prior to and after surgery is termed the “perianesthesia” phase of care. Our goal is to make this perianesthesia time as stress-free and safe as possible for the patient and family.
The Surgical Unit at Vail Health
- Work with USA Olympic Team Surgeons
- VVSC specializes in Orthopedics, Pain Management, and Gastroenterology
- Vail Health's facilities and care team are trusted by locals and visitors alike.
- The surgeons and support staff of Surgical Associates are experts in emergency and trauma care and also specialize in general surgery, cancer, laparoscopic, and critical care surgeries.
- International fellows frequently come to VVSC to learn from the world-class surgeons.
- Quarterly Bonus
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement plan - 403(b)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Child care reimbursement
- Tuition assistance program
- Health club subsidy
- Ski pass
- Quarterly bonuses for meeting quality metrics
- Huge sign-on bonus for experienced nurses
- Days only, No nights
- One-year clinical experience required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a State of Colorado Registered Nurse license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
About Vail Health
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors and accredited by the Joint Commission. Additionally, the Vail Health emergency department is a Level III Trauma Center. A helipad is close by for necessary medical transports.
Not interested in Vail Valley Surgical Center?
Vail Health offers rewarding healthcare careers near North America’s finest mountain communities. We are also seeking compassionate professionals for our:
- 56-bed Hospital
- Urgent Care clinics
- Vail Health clinics
- Emergency Department
- Surgery Centers
- Howard Head Sports Medicine
- Shaw Cancer Center
Vail Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.