Registered Nurse - Medical Center
Department: Registered Nurse
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, TX
We are seeking an RN (Registered Nurse) with Oncology and extensive mixing/Chemotherapy in the Medical Center side of Houston
Watch the video of Vickie Houff, RN who talks about why Oncology Consultants is a great place to work.
"You can make a difference in the life of an oncology patient and find your career satisfaction by joining our team of healthcare professionals today."
- Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
- Saturday Backup Call rotation from 10-2pm about every 20 weeks at one location. No call duty within the first 6 mths.
- Weekend On-Call is on a rotation basis shared by all RNs.
- Insurances: Life, medical, dental, short term and long term disability
- Free parking
- Competitive salary
- Promote optimal functioning of the individual/family throughout the continuum of the disease experience.
- Integration of physiological and psychosocial components using the nursing process.
- Collaboration with health care team in order to coordinate and maintain continuity of patient care.
- Participate in continuing education programs and pursue professional development.
- Patient Education
- Patient Assessment
- Oncology Nursing Interventions
- Professional Accountability
- Administrative tasks including indirect nursing activities which promote quality cancer patient care.
- Comply with research protocols
- Documentation of care
Bilingual- A+ but not mandatory
- Extensive mixing/Chemotherapy experience Oncology Nursing experience
- Managing side effects of cancer and cancer treatments
- Good IV skills
- OCN preferred
- Computer literate
About Oncology Consultants
Oncology Consultants has been a premier adult medical oncology & hematology practice in Houston, TX for over 25 years. Our healthcare team is committed to provide state of the art cancer treatment in a caring environment as we continue to expand our oncology services in the metropolitan region.
Oncology Consultants is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Oncology Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.