Assistant Director of Surgery - OR Assistant Director
Department: Nurse Director
Type: Full Time
Location: Alamogordo, NM
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Our Family Caring for Yours
Robert Middleton, CNO of Gerald Champion shares what GCRMC does to make a difference in nurse’s lives.
About the Position
The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting with twenty-four-hour planning, special emphasis on Staff Development and education, coordination of duties, and evaluation of clinical functions with the department. Functions as a clinical role model.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
- Certification: Licensure: Registered nurse with licensure in the State of New Mexico.
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing, baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Two years clinical experience, appropriate to the area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate leadership, organizational skills, and computer knowledgeable.
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinical and managerial processes.
- Ability to apply systems theories to solutions.
- Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
- Education and Training
- Experience Credit
- Certification Pay Differential or Hiring Bonus
- Education Assistance
- Preceptor Pay
- BSN/MSN Degree Pay
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Generous sign on bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- 401K matching
- Direct Deposit
- Generous PLT (Paid Leave Time)
- Major Medical Bank (Paid Sick Time)
- Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition
- Eligibility to Qualify for the Daisy Award
- Merit Increases/Evaluations
- Clinical Ladder
- Referral bonus
- Long service bonus
- Holiday parties
- Free meal in the cafeteria
- Employee of the Month
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retail Discounts for Employees
Video about the area: People spoke about what they like most about
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come for care, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high-quality healthcare. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.