Med/Surg RN - PRN
Department: Registered Nurse
Type: Part Time
Location: Sheridan, WY
PRN Med/Surg Registered Nurse at Sheridan Memorial Hospital
Video Clip 1: Amber Guinotte, HR - Recruiter and Cody Sinclair, Chief Development Officer talk about the Benefits of working at Sheridan Memorial Hospital
About the Position
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the medical-surgical setting. Communicates with physician/Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in the departments with adequate supervision.
Uniqueness of our opportunity
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has various job opportunities available. Should you choose to join our workforce, you will be among co-workers who are friendly, compassionate, caring and courteous. At Sheridan Memorial Hospital, the focus is on providing the most positive patient experience possible.
Video Clip 2: CNO's support to SMH Nurses | Charlotte Mather, RN, MBA, FACHE, CNO
- "Working on Wellness"
- W.O.W. - Program focuses on supporting the overall health and wellbeing of our employees knowing that being our individual best contributes to excellent care for our patients and their families.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
- Shift differential
- Comprehensive on-site education
- Certification programs
- Opportunity for cross-training in many areas of the hospital
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hospital Services Discount
*Benefits depend on employment type.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides direct and indirect patient care in the Medical-Surgical setting.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Performs leadership duties for the department to coordinate day-to-day activities.
- Acts as a resource for staff and physicians.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
Disclaimer: The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed within this position.
- Current, unrestricted Wyoming RN License
- Minimum of five (5) years previous RN acute care experience preferred but not mandatory.
- BLS and ACLS certification required.
- Basic computer knowledge and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Video Clip 3: The Different Departments at SMH | Charlotte Mather, RN, MBA, FACHE, CNO
About Sheridan Memorial Hospital
When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.