Charge Nurse - Nursing Team Leader
Department: Registered Nurse
Type: Full Time
Location: Sheridan, WY
About the Position
Uniqueness of our opportunity
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has various job opportunities available. Should you choose to join our workforce, you will be among co-workers who are friendly, compassionate, caring and courteous. At Sheridan Memorial Hospital, the focus is on providing the most positive patient experience possible.
- "Working on Wellness"
- W.O.W. - Program focusing on supporting the overall health and wellbeing of our employees knowing that being our individual best contributes to excellent care for our patients and their families.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
- Shift differential
- Comprehensive on-site education
- Certification programs
- Opportunity for cross-training in many areas of the hospital
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hospital Services Discount
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Assigns and delegates patient care tasks as appropriate, considering staff member’s level of nursing experience, competency and knowledge.
- Rounds with patients and family members to ensure that needs are met.
- Assists other team members by providing direct patient care as needed.
- Keeps up to date with clinical practice and evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Stays abreast of organizational policies and procedures and is a resource to others in the department.
- Assists in monitoring staff levels, performance, behaviors and competency for performance reviews.
- Takes on leadership roles during Trauma Activations and emergency disasters.
Disclaimer: The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed within this position.
- Current Wyoming Registered Nurse License.
- Obtains a national certification in the area of specialty, if available, within the first year of position.
- 3-5 years ED experience.
- Charge nurse experience preferred.
- BSN preferred. BSN required within 5 years of hire.
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS or ENPC, TNCC.
- NRP within 1 year of hire.
- Donor Designated Requestor certification within 1 year of hire.
About Sheridan Memorial Hospital
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.