Emergency Room Registered Nurse
Department: Registered Nurse
Type: Full Time
Location: Sheridan, WY
ER Registered Nurse at Sheridan Memorial Hospital
Video Clip 1: Amber Guinotte, HR - Recruiter and Cody Sinclair, Chief Development Officer talk about the Benefits of working at Sheridan Memorial Hospital
About the Position
Provides direct and indirect professional nursing care for patients in the Emergency Department. Is able to triage safely, rapidly and accurately, every patient that enters the emergency care system. May work in other units as oriented/assigned. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
Position will work in the Emergency Dept and must have the ability to work 12-hour shifts for a total of 36-hours per week.
Able to triage patients accurately
Able to provide trauma nursing care to patients including primary and secondary assessment, identification of problems based on assessment data, identification of nursing care priorities, implementation of interventions, and evaluation of interventions
Functions competently during cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring. Correctly identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based upon ACLS protocol
Able to provide basic airway management utilizing oral and nasal airways, ambu bag, jaw thrust or head tilt/chin lift maneuvers, and suctioning
Knowledge of EMTALA federal requirements and how they pertain to the Emergency Department
Able to function independently by using critical thinking skills to assess and intervene in critical situations
Assists with orientation of new employees to the ED
Disclaimer: The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed within this position.
Uniqueness of our opportunity
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has various job opportunities available. Should you choose to join our workforce, you will be among co-workers who are friendly, compassionate, caring and courteous. At Sheridan Memorial Hospital, the focus is on providing the most positive patient experience possible.
Video Clip 2: CNO's support to SMH Nurses | Charlotte Mather, RN, MBA, FACHE, CNO
- "Working on Wellness"
- W.O.W. - Program focuses on supporting the overall health and wellbeing of our employees knowing that being our individual best contributes to excellent care for our patients and their families.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
- Shift differential
- Comprehensive on-site education
- Certification programs
- Opportunity for cross-training in many areas of the hospital
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hospital Services Discount
- Current unrestricted Wyoming Registered Nurse Licensure
- BLS certification, required
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing, preferred
- Additional certifications may be required based on unit assignment
Department Specific Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- Current ACLS certification, required
- ENPC or PALS certification, required
- TNCC certification within one year of hire date, required
- Specialty certification, preferred
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Additional languages desirable
- Basic computer knowledge
- Organizational skills
- Participates in continuing education activities within the department and organization
- Attends and actively participates in departmental staff meetings
- Keeps up to date with clinical practice and evidence-based practice guidelines
- Stays abreast of organizational policies and procedures
Video Clip 3: The Different Departments at SMH | Charlotte Mather, RN, MBA, FACHE, CNO
About Sheridan Memorial Hospital
When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.