Registered Nurse - Physician Practice
Department: Registered Nurse
Type: Full Time
Location: Alamogordo, NM
Click on video above to know how working at GCRMC be like
About the Position
Provide patient care and assistance to physician. The RN in Phyician Practise demonstrates proficiency in the care of patients as they visit the physicians practice associated with Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center.
The candidate will support the physicians in the day-to-day care of visiting patients. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Maintains required core competencies.
- Complies with set Policies and Procedures (i.e. name tag, dress code, parking, smoking, etc.)
- Experience in a medical office setting.
- Must be understanding, courteous and professional at all times in contacts with patients, visitors, employees, and medical staff.
- Assist Doctor with patients
- Demonstrate knowledge in a medical office.
- Anticipate doctor’s needs for each patient based upon patient complaints and treatment plan/guidelines.
- Verify that patient results, x-rays, labs and procedure reports are in patient charts prior to seeing doctor.
- Gather patient’s vitals and complaints, document in patient medical record.
- Chart accurately and legibly to include lab results.
- Facilitate physician and patient communications.
- Complete lab requisition forms and assure that specimens are sent to correct labs per patient insurance contract.
- Maintain and monitor exam room and procedure room supplies and instruments.
- Clean and sterilize instruments in accordance to OSHA Regulations. Clean autoclave as required.
- Perform minor procedures as direct by Physician: injections, suture, and staple removal.
- Complete clinical portions of chart preparation.
- Schedule surgery and give patient appropriate instructions prior to surgery and refer to Front Office Coordinator or Office Manager for insurance authorization.
Video about the area: People spoke about what they like most about
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Current New Mexico State Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Current BLS certification.
- Experience working in a Physician office preferred.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Aflac Supplemental Insurance
- Relocation Assistance
- 401K matching
- Direct Deposit
- Generous PLT (Paid Leave Time)
- Major Medical Bank (Paid Sick Time)
- Holiday Pay
- Rewards and Recognition
- Eligibility to Qualify for the Daisy Award
- Merit Increases/Evaluations
- Clinical Ladder
- Referral bonus
- Long service bonus
- Holiday parties
- Free meal in the cafeteria
- Employee of the Month
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retail Discounts for Employees
About Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Since 1948, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) has been a healthcare leader for the citizens of Otero County. Our mission is simple. We want to be the organization where patients choose to come for care, physicians want to practice, and people want to work. Ultimately, we want to be South Central New Mexico’s leading provider of affordable, high quality healthcare. At GCRMC, we provide an environment for our employees that encourages innovation and dedication, via a participative management system and one that correlates performance and rewards.
GCRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Apply today. Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.